Emergent Ventures Thailand
Emergent Ventures’ Thailand office, started operations in 2008, since then EVI is partnering with its clients to provide consultancy for carbon credits, sustainability and renewable energy domains. EVI's team in Bangkok includes local as well as international industry experts in policy, technology, finance, environment and research who work together to deliver projects which are of high policy importance. EVI takes pride in ensuring its clients derive high value from its consulting services.
- Carbon Credits: EVI Thailand is working on carbon projects under the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and other voluntary carbon market standards (VERs). These projects are spread across sectors such as waste treatment, renewable energy technologies (biomass based energy, solar power).
- Sustainability: EVI is helping large Thai organizations identify the long term impact of climate change on their business and is providing solutions for mitigation. Offerings include carbon footprinting based on international standards, sustainability reporting and risk assessment.
- Clean Energy: EVI Thailand is offering high end clean energy solutions to its clients in solar and wind energy space. EVI’s services include Owner’s engineering, Lender’s Technical Advisor, basic engineering, performance management, resource assessment, technology evaluation & selection and project management.
- Policy & Research Advisory: EVI offers customized research solutions on environment and sustainability to policy makers, multilateral, bi-lateral organizations, financial institutions and industry associations to help them formulate effective policies, prepare sustainable implementation models and undertake mass awareness and capacity building programs.
EVI’s ongoing projects in Thailand include:
- CDM registration and sale of carbon credits from multiple waste water treatment projects in tapioca starch and ethanol plants, bundled grid-connected Solar Photovoltaic (SPV) system spread across multiple locations, rice husk based grid connected Very Small Power Plant (VSPP) etc.
- Carbon Foot printing and GHG Management for a chemical manufacturing plant, off-shore & on-shore refineries, petro-chemical plant etc.
- Sale of VERs from a Cassawa waste water treatment project and landfill gas utilization from the pre-CDM registered monitoring period.
- Preparation of HCFC Phase-out Management Plan for Thailand, working with the World Bank and Thai government.
- Research with UN organization on impact of voluntary carbon markets on forestry development in Thailand.
Seminars and Workshops
Through an extensive network with policy makers, EVI has been actively involved in capacity building on climate change issues and environmental market opportunities for the Thai industry. Recent seminars/workshops organized by EVI include:
- EVI participated as a domain expert in Technical Cooperation Programme for ‘Linking Communities in Southeast Asia to Forestry-Related Voluntary Carbon Markets’ with Food and Agricultural Organization.
- EVI contributed as a speaker at an International conference titled “Towards a low-carbon Society in Asia-Pacific Beyond 2050: A Technology Foresight Symposium”. This was organized by National Science Technology and Innovation Policy Office (STI) in January 2010.
- EVI conducted a training session on ‘CDM Validation and Verification Process’ at the ‘2nd ASEAN CDM Training’ organized by Ministry of Energy and The ASEAN Centre for Energy in October 2009.
- The first carbon neutral seminar in Thailand titled “The Promotion of a Socially Responsible Voluntary Carbon Market in Thailand”. The seminar was conducted in January 2009 by EVI along with its partners- TISCO Securities and Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization. EVI issued an ‘i-climate’ certification after retiring the required VERs to offset event emissions.
- EVI conducted a capacity building seminar titled “The Post-2012 Carbon Market”.
To more about how EVI can help your business in Thailand, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org